Saturday, April 23, 2011

Educational Blogs (Blog Challenge)

One of the blogs that I read was under the Resources for Teachers link that was called Math Live.  I felt this particular blog was interesting because math excites me altogether.  As I was reading through, I gained more and more interest in this educational blog.
Math lessons online, especially for elementary students, should be fun and exciting to do while learning at the same time.  I believe this lesson is a great way to acknowledge that.  Also, it covers a lot of different aspects of math for children in elementary school.
Another thing that I found to be interesting about it is that it provides parent and teacher notes.  This is a great way for parents and teachers to communicate and be on the same page with their children, and it also gives the parents the opportunity to get more involved in their child's curriculum.
Learning math is always through assessments as well, for children can see where they as far as their strengths and weaknesses, and this lesson provides that as well.  The child can see where his or her weakness is and go back to the games or lesson to hit that certain area again.  Overall, it is a great learning process, and that is what I found to be interesting in this particular blog.

1 comment:

  1. You'll find so many fabulous ideas and inspiring people in blogs...and now you can share your ideas and inspire others. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete